Sunday, September 19, 2010

Austin and BSU

Okay, so Austin was a great time, but man it was HOT AND HUMID! The temperature was about 95 degrees, and it felt like 100% humidity although it wasn't actually raining. And, when the sun goes down, it doesn't cool off much...maybe down to 88 or 91 or something. The WY fans were having a rough time during the game. At one point one fan yelled as loud as he could, to nobody in particular, "This is the hottest I've ever been in my life!". Haha, it was pretty much how all of us were feeling.


Travis said the weather was pretty typical, nothing out of the ordinary. Now, when I went to Austin to visit Travis for the first time when we were dating (back in 2006), it was Valentine's Day and it actually snowed!!! So, I guess I just wasn't really prepared for this kind of heat, or maybe it's because I have a little heater inside of me all the time! I made sure to drink plenty of water and everything. I think little Baby T did just fine. Anyway, we had a lot of fun, and the Cowboys played well at times.


Lunch before the game at a place on 6th Street that was flying a Cowboys flag next to their UT flag.


Mom and Dad

Dad and Bob with the Chick-fil-a guy...can you imagine how hot that guy was in that costume???


101K fans packed in like sardines. Quite the atmosphere!

WY scored a TD and led for a short time! (maybe 45 seconds or so) Not sure who those people are on the big screen, but I had to take a pic of the score since we were up 7-6.



This past weekend we were in Laramie again. The temperature there was MUCH nicer! Yet again the Cowboys were taking on a top ranked opponent - 3rd in the country, Boise State University. WY didn't do so well this week. Travis was pretty ticked that we didn't at least play with them for short periods of time. I'm not sure I'll be able to drag him back this coming weekend for Air Force.


We got to see a lot of family at this game! WY football games are such a social event! There is never enough time though. During the game Auntie Heather, Grangie, Dawson, and Josie all got to feel Baby T kicking around. He's pretty active these days!


Hannah, Lori, and Josie
Carson, Reece, Dillon, Dawson, Josie, and Hannah - Pokes fans for life!
Gina and Miss Whitney - doesn't she look absolutely adorable in her little Cowboys cheerleading outfit?
Reece and Carson - quite the good buddies these days!
Mindy and Travis (This is my new shirt for Baby T - hope you can read it. I had to have it made at Brown and Gold, and I got quite a few comments on it.)
Our entire family made it to this game: Loren, Marsha, Reece and Dillon, Dad, Brian, Mom, Dawson, Davis, Heather, Mindy, Baby T, and Travis

Tomorrow Baby T is 30 weeks. Yep, the big 3-0! He probably weighs at least 3 pounds and is 16 inches long (although we know our little man is probably a little taller than that!). We got his room all cleared out over the weekend so now Daddy can start assembling all of the furniture (and I know he is SO excited about this!). We had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and everything still seems to be going along great! Baby T's heartrate was 147. I scheduled all of the remaining appointments through the end of November, and Dr. Chut will be back for all of them. That made it seem like we don't have much time left at all! The doctor said he's still head down, and during the appt he had his little back down my right side and was kicking his feet over on the left side. Whenever she'd touch his little foot he'd move it. It was very cute! We play this game a lot, so he's used to it. He flips sides though, and stretches his long legs out so I feel his little feet clear on either the right or left side. We love our little man so much and are so excited to meet him in a few months!

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting to see the Future Pokes Fan shirt! It looks great! Bummed out we missed the game against Boise! Hopefully we can make it to one of the UW football games! Glad your appointment went well, I can't believe 30 weeks already...WOW!

    ReplyDelete